Monday, August 4, 2008

Saving my Photonia's


Well, I'm finally back. It has been so "Hot" here in Central Texas that I've been watering like crazy just to keep everything alive. Sooner or later it is bound to rain and we just keep hoping. It was 104 degrees today and the heat is just unbearable. I don't ever remember it being this dry and hot. I have a row of Red Tip Photonia growing out by the road and I noticed they were having a real hard time and losing leaves. I went to Wally World and bought 2 more hoses and connected them all to reach the road. I have 250 ft. of hose stretched down the road to reach them. I have been putting the sprinkler on each one and leaving it for 30 minutes. I've had to fight the dead Johnson grass and other weeds to reach them. They've been there for over ten years and this is the first time they've needed help. Here's a picture and the row is like a privacy fence. We're praying that the tropical storm Edourdo
will bring us some rain. Keep your fingers crossed. I would love to be doing something besides moving hoses..

0 comments: