This story has to go back to Thursday and it lasted for two days. As I was sitting here as I usually do at night playing on my computer, I turned and looked out the window. My persian cat named Tunia was sitting on her post which is an acrylic chest which has plants on it but still room for her. I can tell by looking at her when she wants in or just to watch the night life. There are raccoons, deer and no telling what else as I don't go outside at night. All of a sudden I sawsomething white and tall jumping around and she took off like lightening! I went to the front door and there stood a huge white dog, a greyhound which looked like a big horse. I was shocked and of course, my other cat which is her niece was gone too. There are no dogs anywhere around here. I knew right then that someone had dumped the dog thinking it would have a good home out in the country. How wrong they were. I was infuriated and had no idea what to do. I knew my cats wouldn't come back that night. I yelled at it, threw a shoe but no good, it was still there the next morning. I called animal control but they said not until Monday. So for two days I tried to get rid of the dog with the water hose, shot near it , yelled and chased it but everytime I looked out it was back again. I wish I could tell all people it is more humane to take it to a shelter than let it starve to death. In the meantime there was no sign of my cats. Finally Saturday afternoon a pickup pulled up and honked. I went outside and of all luck, they had been visiting about 5 miles away, swimming in the river and left the dog and he was gone when they came back. I was tickled to death. So thank heaven, that monster horse dog was gone. I guess my cats knew it was gone by Saturday night they appeared and were starving to death and drank a whole bowl of water by bedtime. I was so happy to see them and felt at peace again knowing they were allright. I messed up two days of my life since I was so consumed on getting rid of him.. This story had a happy ending but could have been alot worse. That is the story of my greyhound invader.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment