Friday, May 23, 2008

Lily Blooming


I just had to go take some more pictures. I only have 2 lilies and the wind yesterday blowed my other one to the ground before I could get a picture. This one has another bloom on down fixing to open up. They sure don't last long but have a special meaning to me. My Mom and I dug them up from her neighbor's house after they moved. They said we could get all we wanted and I sure wish I had gotten more. There was a drought that year and the ground was hard as a rock. They didn't bloom last year so this is the first year I've gotten to see them. We also got some iris and I planted them beside her house and they bloomed the most beautiful purple blooms this year. She was so proud of them. It's funny how plants can have a special meaning and bloom year after year to remind us of good times together.

0 comments: