
I have the hunting rights leased out on my place but one rule is not to shoot the turkeys. I love to watch them cause they are so beautiful. You will hear the gobbler called his flock late in the evening. With all this rain the stream that runs down in the pasture in full and so there are a bunch of turkeys down there. Austin is the blond one who is 13 and said he got so excited there were so many and couldn't contain himself. I wanted to cry when I opened my door but the look on their faces, like they were the great white hunters made me not get mad at them. I remember my younger brother who loved to hunt and how excited he would get. They were so nice and polite I thought it was better to be hunting than doing drugs or whatever else teenagers could be doing. I gave them a pen to fill out the tag so the game warden wouldn't get them and a coke since they were so thirsty. They stayed here for about 3hours texting for their Grandfather or someone to come get them. They finally came at near dark so I had an eventful Saturday, the 1st day of deer season. The younger one is only 11 so he doesn't get to carry a gun yet without an adult. I am glad that they seem to follow the safety rules. I always hate for deer season to come but learn to live with it.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Deer & Turkey Season Begins
Posted by Sassy Sue's Place at 8:02 PM
Labels: Deer Season
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
I agree, it would be hard to be mad at those boys. They sure do look happy.
Post a Comment