Talk about a Scare! I had to quit shaking to post these pictures I took yesterday. I had made me a path to my well so I could put poison around it. That's where the fireants always build and make a little electric part go out on the well and then you have to call the well man and spend about $100.00 to get it fixed. I was shaking my container all around the front and then went around to the side and moved one foot where I could reach the back and something made a noise and I looked quickly and there was about a 5' snake right there by the cactus that are about a foot away. I jumped back to the side and grabbed the cement on top of the well. He didn't rattle so I guess it wasn't a rattle snake but we have copperheads moving around right now so I quickly came and sat down. I got my tea and had to sit here a minute. My typing has been so bad I had to go back and correct about 3 sentences. I hate them freaking things. I don't know which is worse, fireants or snakes. I'm determined even more now to get all the weeds away near the house. Sure glad I didn't see him while I was using the weedeater or I probably would have cut my foot off, heehe. Well, this beautiful day was going pretty good till then. Mike who owns the cows brought me a new rain guage since mine got broke. Rain was good but, how the weeds have grown. I better get busy back outside, but you can bet I'll be looking every step I take!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Oh my gosh! That would have made my heart jump into my throat! I hate snakes too and I'm extremely afraid of them. Please be careful!
Post a Comment